Following a ‘conversation’ on Zoom with members, friends and hall users, it has been decided to wait until implementation of Phase 4 of the Scottish Government’s plan before we open Duke Street again. Priority must be given to safety and minimising risk. A preliminary risk assessment has been undertaken and preparations and underway to ensure that when we do open we are ready.
This has been an extremely distressing time and we cannot underestimate the long term effects COVID-19 will have on all of us. It has however also given us time to reflect, and now look ahead, using all that we have experienced. What do we continue and what do we change as we reimagine what it means to ‘be Church’?